July 18

Texas Teen faced Horrific Death and It Involves Cellphone and Bathtub

Recently, cellphone-related accidents have been very common and most of it is due to minor and expected causes. Last July 9th, a teen from West Texas was electrocuted when she reached for her phone while taking a bath in New Mexico.  She was there visiting family.

Her name is Madison Coe from Lubbock Texas. The accident happened when she grabbed her phone which was either plugged into her cellphone or grabbed her phone while it was plugged in,

In an interview with Madison ’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn, she said,

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone. And that was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”

On the night of the accident, Lovington police and EMS arrived just after midnight. Their reports say that she as unresponsive upon their arrival. EMS attempted to resuscitate her at the house, on their way to the hospital and at the hospital. However, all in vain, she was ultimately declared dead on arrival.

Madison has just graduated from Terra Vista Middle School. She was a basketball player and was the 1st chair with her tuba school band. She is supposed to start high school in Houston in the fall and her family is preparing to move with her to the city. Also, the officials at her former school issue a statement to honor her.

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else. And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.

It’s overwhelming to realize that there are people that we don’t even know and we’ll probably never even meet that have taken this message and shared it to protect another child or even an adult. We don’t want to lose anybody.

We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix. She’s just going to be greatly missed by all of us. She has a special place in my heart.”

I hope this all serves us a valuable lesson. Please take extra precaution when using your cellphones.

Watch the news report here:

http://kcbd.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=399804597;hostDomain=www.KCBD.com;playerWidth=640;playerHeight=360;isShowIcon=true;clipId=13480805;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=fixedKCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock


Tags


{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

You may also like

Latest Stories

Subscribe to our newsletter now!

Country Thang Daily

>