“When I was 16 years old, I went out on my very first tour as an opening act for George Strait.”
Says a then country version of Taylor Swift during an all-star concert honoring the greatness of George Strait.
Taylor Swift, George Strait
Aside from the fact that Taylor Swift explained that she was an opening act for George Strait, Taylor Swift also shared a funny antic about how the King of Country gave her advice about longevity and how one could last as a country performer.
We think that this is one of the best moments of Taylor Swift as a country singer. Now that her Nashville voice is untraceable because of being the first lady of pop, we still wish that Taylor Swift would go back to her roots.
Watch the video below and grin like a George Strait grin:
If there’s a plane or a bus leaving Dallas
I hope you’re on it
If there’s a train moving fast down the tracks
I hope you caught it
Cause I swear out there ain’t where you ought to be
So catch a ride, catch a cab
Don’t you know I miss you bad
But don’t you walk to me
Baby run, cut a path across the blue skies
Straight in a straight line
You can’t get here fast enough
Find a truck and fire it up
Lean on the gas and off the clutch
Leave Dallas in the dust
I need you in a rush
So baby run
If you ain’t got a suit case
Get a box or an old brown paper sack
And pack it light or pack it heavy
Take a truck, take a Chevy
Baby just come back
There’s a shortcut to the highway out of town
Why don’t you take it
Don’t let that speed limit slow you down
Go on and break it
George Strait, run, taylor swift
- An Estate Fit for a King: Here’s an Exclusive Tour Around George Strait’s Texas Mansion
- Gone Too Soon, His Father’s Legacy Lives On: Watch Jesse Keith Whitley’s “Don’t Close Your Eyes”
- Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner: The Ultimate Love
- Intriguing 11 Narvel Blackstock Facts to Know
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Do You Remember Morgan Wallen’s ‘The Voice’ Audition Seven Years Ago?
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar