My Elusive Dreams
On August 13, 1967, Tammy Wynette and David Houston collaborated to release their first album together, My Elusive Dreams. Their album together was a success as it hit the No. 11 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. They have charted two singles from their album together (“My Elusive Dreams” and “It’s All Over”).
Two Chart-Topping Singles
“My Elusive Dream” is the lead single on their album and it reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, it secured a spot at No. 89 on the Billboard Hot 100. “It’s All Over” is another single from their album which placed at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs.
“It’s All Over” Content
Billy Sherrill and Glenn Sutton wrote the song for Tammy and David’s album. The song is a story of two people who have ended their relationship together. However, despite that they are not together anymore, they still love each other. The man keeps thinking about the woman he loves and wants to hold her in his arms again. But, he knows that thinking of her constantly and wanting to be with her will never happen because their relationship is over. Meanwhile, the woman is thinking of wanting to see him again because she feels lonely but she knows that their relationship is also over. They both knew that it’s over and they feel lonely because of it.
Tammy Wynette’s Collaborations
Tammy Wynette had collaborated with many artists from different genres and was able to make their collaborations enter the chart. She collaborated with Randy Travis for the song “We’re Strangers Again,” Wynonna Judd for “Girl Thang,” Sting for “Every Breath You Take,” and Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton for their album Honky Tonk Angels. However, Tammy Wynette’s best duet was with her ex-husband George Jones.
Listen to their second chart-topping song “It’s All Over”
Davis Houston, it's all over, Tammy Wynette
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- Faith Hill and Daughter Maggie Shows Off Their Moves On A Viral TikTok Video
- 5 Fun Facts About Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s Kids You Should Know
- Intense Singing of “Cry Pretty” by 12-Year-Old Ansley Burns Wows Carrie Underwood
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List