Tammy Wynette is a one-of-a-kind country singer. Her ability to convey her messages in her performance is astounding, and this is something that only she can do. Her hit songs “Stand by Your Man” and “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” stood the test of time because of the relevant message that is put into it.
Also, Tammy Wynette sang a few gospel songs during her career and all were beautifully made just like her version of “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.”
Tammy Wynette Sings a Great Gospel Tune
There’s not a lot of country female artists who sing this song especially now. This makes Tammy Wynette’s version a special one since her rendition of the famous gospel tune was captivating. The country singer sang it with the right emotion and the arrangement of the song was justified. This is one of the reasons why people fell in love with Tammy. She was able to capture her listeners just with her singing and melodic voice.
The origin behind the gospel tune is still a mystery even to this day. The first official recording was done back in 1941. It has been performed countless times by country artists such as Tennessee Ernie Ford, Alabama, George Jones, and Patsy Cline.
I am weak but Thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
The gospel tune is relevant even up to this day. In life, we sometimes fall down and it makes us feel weak. We commit mistakes because it is inevitable and we are not perfect. This is why we should ask for His guidance all the more. The Lord shall provide us the strength we need to conquer all of our problems in life.
He will never forsake us as long as we seek His guidance. He is there to help us if we can’t stand anymore. He is there to show us the path if we are getting lost and He is there to give us hope when we are losing it.
Listen to Tammy Wynette’s version here:
just a closer walk with thee, Tammy Wynette
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?