Tamela Mann has released a song that we can all relate to. Her gospel song “Take Me to the King” is a song that is full of emotions. Anyone who listens to this song will instantly know how the narrator feels. The best part of Mann’s song is that the narrator, despite all the hardship and pain, runs to the Lord and surrenders to Him. Mann’s song teaches us to let go of everything we cannot take control of and surrender it all to God.
“Take Me to The King” Background
Tamela Mann released the song “Take Me to the King” in 2012 as part of her album Best Days. Her recording was a hit, making it reach the number one on the US Billboard Gospel Songs chart in the same year. Moreover, it secured the number forty-four spot on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. Aside from entering the chart, Mann’s song had been nominated in 2013 during the 55th Grammy Awards Show. “Take Me to the King” was nominated for Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance. It was her first time to be a nominee in the Grammy’s. Moreover, her song was Platinum-certified by RIAA. The song was written and co-produced by Kirk Franklin.
Mann’s album, Best Days, was released under her record label Tillymann Music Group. Her album reached number fourteen on the Billboard 200 chart. She also made her album reach number one on the Billboard Top Gospel Album chart. In addition, it reached number three on the Billboard Independent Albums chart. Her album was also certified by RIAA.
The Song’s Content
The narrator in the song shares the pain, hardships, and challenges she is going through in her life. All of which is making her feel weak, so she wants to give up. However, the best part is that she did not. She bravely brings it all to the Lord and let Him take control of everything. Just like the narrator, we should all surrender whatever we are going through in life. Let God take it all because He knows how to handle it.
Take Me to the King, Tamela Mann
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Kurt Russell Stuns Audience at the Opry with an Elvis’ Hit
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”