It’s never easy to forget someone that fast. Usually, you have to go through all the pain and sleepless nights thinking about that person. Sometimes you even have to cry or hold your tears back. Your mind plays countless thoughts about that person, whatever you do or wherever you go. You distract yourself to avoid thinking but, when night comes, when the silence is present all the memories of the past come rushing to you like a monster waiting under your bed, counting every second before it leaps out and engulfs you.
“Sweet Dreams”: Don Gibson
“Sweet Dreams” is a country ballad that was first recorded and written by the country singer Don Gibson in 1955. Gibson’s version peaked at No. 6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, in 1961. Due to its success, some country singers covered Gibson’s song and it performed well on the charts.
“Sweet Dreams” Faron Young and Patsy Cline Version
Faron Young recorded a version of this song in 1956. Patsy Cline recorded the song in 1963 as part of her album Faded Love. However, the album wasn’t released even after her death, rather, the recording studio compiled all of Cline’s unissued songs and released a record for it.
Cline’s version of this song peaked at No. 44 on the U.S Billboard Hot 100 Charts, in 1963. Furthermore, it crossed over the pop charts and peaked at No. 15 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary Charts. Finally, it peaked at No. 5 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1963. This was one of Cline’s recordings before she died in a plane crash.
The Song’s Content
“Sweet Dreams” is a song about a woman who was left by her lover. She was broken-hearted and devastated that all she could do is think of him every time she goes to sleep. Instead of trying to move on she just remembered him all the time, and what she recalls most are those sweet memories she shared with the love of her life.
Don Gibson, Faron Young, Patsy Cline, sweet dreams
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Remember When Garth Brooks And Billy Joel Surprised Fans With “Shameless” Duet
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?