.I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
– Romans 8:18 –
Without the need to get preachy about doom and gloom, there is no denying that our minds could not settle for permanence in this present world. Even when we are offered many material and temporal things, we could not get comfortable staying. There is always that longing for a place and a life in the beyond. Thus, we hold everything loosely and with open hands.
Like the lead character in John Bunyan’s classic, Pilgrim’s Progress, we will always be restless until we finally reach our real home, that Sweet Beulah Land.
Hear it from bluegrass and gospel musicians, the Montana siblings. God gifted the vocalist, Hope Montana, with such a sweet voice that complemented well with the theme of the song.
Back in the early 1960’s, a lad in his pre-teens heard the church congregation singing. The imagery they described got stuck in his consciousness. Years later, he would pen what today is a song that lifts up many downtrodden souls. There’s the prospect of one day living in a land of beauty and eternal rest.
“One morning,…as I was driving to my high school teaching job, my mind drifted back to a service in our little church.
(As) I drove along I was humming the old song about ‘Beulah Land,’ which I had learned from the hymnal years earlier.
As I topped one of the beautiful West Virginia mountains, I faced a brilliant sun in all of its glory. My thoughts continued to be about the singing in our little Newton church, but this time it was a different song — one that I had never heard or sung before.” It was the chorus to what has become the increasingly popular song, “Sweet Beulah Land.”
-Squire Parson, songwriter –
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List