Walking in faith is hard to do because sometimes, we are easily troubled by problems and doubt. If we have conviction, then we can easily stand up for the broken, down-trodden, and even face death by ourselves for the benefit of other people. Having faith is very important for us to face all the challenges in life and so as J.D. Sumner and The Stamps on their Hit “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”
The Collaboration of the Great Artists
John Daniel Sumner or also known as J.D. Sumner is a Christian and Gospel music artist with a gentle bass voice. Furthermore, his mainstream is to promote Southern Gospel to the American culture. Sumner’s breakthrough was in 1945 when he collaborated with The South Quartet. In addition, he joined different groups throughout his career. One of them is The Stamps.
1962 marks the turning point of Sumner’s career when he became the manager of The Stamps. Anyhow, I guess he really loved singing because three years later, J.D. Sumner became the leader of The Stamps. Even more, the group became a backup vocal for the Legendary Elvis Presley in 1971 until 1977. This only shows that they have a superb talent to be noticed by a legend.
Walking with Faith is Walking with God
“You’ll Never Walk Alone” was made known to the public in 1945 when composers Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II released it for a musical Carousel. Also, the hit contains encouragement in different ways. Hence, the song was covered by different artists (including J.D. Sumner and The Stamps) because of its genuine message.
The song is full of emotions and encouragement. I mean, if we will place it on a Christian perspective, it only means that God is always there for us. He is always by our side through our journey in this world full of misery, hatred, chaos, and disappointment. Just like J.D. Sumner and The Stamps’ favorite line, “You’ll never walk alone.”
Elvis Presley, J.D. Sumner and The Stamps, You'll Never Walk Alone
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”