“Meet in the Middle” is a song recorded by Diamond Rio. Released in February 1991 on Arista Records, it was the American country music band’s debut single. Also, it served as the first single from their self-titled album Diamond Rio.
Reaching the first spot on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts, it made Diamond Rio the first country music band in history to have its debut single as a chart-topper. Don Pfrimmer, Chapin Hartford and Jim Foster were the geniuses behind its lyrics.
The band produced five chart singles on the Billboard country music charts: the Number One hit “Meet in the Middle”. Apart from that, there were the Top Ten Hits: “Mirror, Mirror”, “Mama Don’t Forget to Pray for Me”, “Norma Jean Riley” and “Nowhere Bound”. The album itself received RIAA platinum certification.
Diamond Rio and their Track
“Meet in the Middle” is a mid-tempo track. Describing two people who learn how to ‘compromise’, it is what the song is all about. In the first verse, they are friends who live far apart. At a tree between their houses, they agree to meet there. By the second verse, they get married underneath the said tree. When they disagree, they are reminded to put their differences aside upon looking at the tree that is now in their front yard.
The song features accompaniment from banjo and mandolin, with some Hammond organ flourishes.
In their official music video, it shows the life of two lovebirds. These are combined with the band while they are performing in a studio. Directed by Eric Straton, the song premiered in the first months of 1991.
In the next years, Diamond Rio worked steadily and most of their performances are live. Surprisingly in 2014, they released a concert album. Getting the benefits of their hard work, the album I Made It finally appeared in the fall of 2015. In six years, this was Diamond Rio’s first studio album.
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend