Loretta Lynn “Lorrie” Morgan
She is an American country music singer. (Hmmm… I wonder about her name and is it because her parents idolized Loretta so much that they named their daughter after her?) She is the daughter of George Morgan, a country music singer who charted several hit singles between 1949 and his death in 1975.
Although she released her first single was released in 1978, she did not break into the top of the country music charts until 1989 with her song “Trainwreck of Emotion.”
From then on, she became unstoppable and charted 25 singles on Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts, with three number one hits: “Five Minutes,” “What Part of No” and “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength.” So far, she has more than 15 studio albums.
With her beauty and talent, it’s no wonder why she got married thrice, in fact with three different country singers: Keith Whitley, Jon Randall, and Sammy Kershaw.
Morgan was born in Nashville, Tennessee, and made her first appearance on the Grand Ole Opry at age 13, performing Fred Spielman and Janice Torre’s “Paper Roses.”
At the age of 16, she took over her father’s band after his demise. From then she continued her musical journey until she found her place in the country music industry.
In 1984, Morgan scored a minor hit with “Don’t Go Changing.” That year she became the youngest singer ever to join the Grand Ole Opry. Here’s her video performing at the Grand Ole Opry.[like_button]
Four years later, she signed with RCA Records, her first major label; her first album on that label, Leave the Light On, was released in 1989. From then on, the rest was history for her.
In October 2008, Morgan filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, citing up to $10 million in liabilities while listing her own assets as valued between $500,000 and $1 million.
With such great talent, I think that she deserves another chance in the Country Music limelight once again. Do you agree with me?
Lorrie Morgan, videos
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance