We live in this world with so much pain and suffering. We want to live a life that is free from all pains and we want happiness. However, how can we get over all of this? How are we to live a life free from troubles, pain, and suffering?
The song “Sweet By and By” assures us that there is a place where we can live and be happy. Jesus is preparing His home for us. He wants us all to live in the place He is preparing for us. In this place, we do not have to worry about any sadness, pain, and suffering anymore. In this place we will call our home, we will forever be happy and spend our days praising God. Therefore, if we think that life is weighing us down let us not be discouraged because there is a beautiful place waiting for us as proven by the Bible and the gospel hymn “Sweet By and By.”
The Statler Brothers Recording
In 1983, the Statler Brothers released their album Today. Their album reached No. 10 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, it placed at No. 193 on the Billboard 200 chart. Their album contained country songs and a gospel song. The only gospel song in their album is “Sweet By and By.”
Making of the Song
“Sweet By and By” was written by S. Fillmore Bennett in 1868. The music was by Joseph P. Webster. The song was written when Webster said,
“It Will Be All Right by and by.”
Then Bennett came up with the idea of writing a hymn. Therefore, he wrote down the words as it flows freely from him. After writing, Webster gave the words to Bennett, and he immediately lay the melody of the song.
statler brothers, Sweet By and By
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?