Is there something bothering you? Do you feel like life is weighing down on you that you do not know what to do and who you can run to?
Fear not, folks, because there is Someone who we can trust to help us. All we need is to know how to let Him in our hearts and pray to Him about everything we are facing in our lives. Let’s listen to The Stater Brothers as they sing a hopeful and meaningful song. But first, let’s get to know a little bit more about the song.
The Message of the Song
The song “Just a Little Talk With Jesus” is a hopeful song that reminds us praying or talking to God will solve everything. It may not solve all of our problems immediately, but the burden will be gone for it will make our faith stronger as we talk to Jesus. If something is bothering you, do not hesitate to talk to Jesus because He cares and He wants us to trust and ask help from Him.
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:7
“Just a Little Talk with Jesus” is a song written by Cleavant Derricks. He wrote other gospel songs such as,
- “When God Dipped His Love in My Heart,”
- “We’ll Soon Be Done with Troubles and Trials,” and
- “When He Blessed My Soul.”
The exact story of what inspired Derricks to write the song is yet unknown. However, it was said that the song was written during the Great Depression.
Derricks’ song became popular and was recorded by many artists from different genres. Some of the artists who covered the song are Elvis Presley, The Statler Brothers, The Stanley Brothers, and many more.
The Statler Brothers Version
The Statler Brothers recorded this song and made it part of their album Gospel Favorites in 1992. The song together with the album did not enter the Billboard chart. However, the album was Gold-certified by RIAA. Other songs in their album were “How Great Thou Art,” “Amazing Grace,” “In the Garden,” “Precious Memories,” “The Old Rugged Cross,” and many more.
Just A little Talk With Jesus, statler brothers
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?