The Statler Brothers may have been famous for numerous gospel songs about but when they sing about love or chronicles what they did in the name of love, their harmony is always on point.
Watch the video below and look at the gorgeous quartet on their youthful days:[like_button]
“Flowers on the Wall” Lyrics
I keep hearin’ you’re concerned about my happiness
But all that thought you’re givin’ me is conscience I guess
If I was walkin’ in your shoes, I wouldn’t worry none
While you ‘n’ your friends are worried about me I’m havin’ lots of fun
Countin’ flowers on the wall
That don’t bother me at all
Playin’ solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
Smokin’ cigarettes and watchin’ Captain Kangaroo
Now don’t tell me I’ve nothin’ to do
Last night I dressed in tails, pretended I was on the town
As long as I can dream it’s hard to slow this swinger down
So please don’t give a thought to me, I’m really doin’ fine
You can always find me here, I’m havin’ quite a time
It’s good to see you, I must go, I know I look a fright
Anyway my eyes are not accustomed to this light
And my shoes are not accustomed to this hard concrete
So I must go back to my room and make my day complete
Don’t tell me I’ve nothin’ to do
The Statler Brothers, Flowers on the Wall
The endless talent of The Statler Brother does not end with singing as their tenor, Lew DeWitt wrote the song ‘Flowers on the Wall’ for the band. The song reached its popularity in 1966. It was even used for a film entitled Pulp Fiction.
In 1975, The Statler Brothers remastered the song for their first greatest hits album. On the other hand, Nancy Sinatra also featured the said song on her album entitled, ‘Boots.’
flowers on the wall, statler brothers
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?