In light with his streak of undeniable success this year, Chris Stapleton is once again here not only to impress us for covering a George Strait song but also to remind us that his vocal prowess could transform any country classic with a touch of Stapleton.
When Did You Stop Loving Me, Chris Stapleton
Die-hard fans of the movie ‘Pure Country’ would know the track as it was part of the George Strait movie. No doubt, ‘When Did You Stop Loving Me’ is a George Strait song but Chris Stapleton just proved us wrong when he performed a cover of the 1993 hit during ACM Honors paying tribute to the King of Country.
Here’s a portion of his performance from Ryman Auditorium:
“When Did You Stop Loving Me” Lyrics
When did you stop loving me
You let me down so perfectly
And you walked away so easily
Baby, tell me, when did you stop loving me
Tell me, when did you give up on us
Did I love too much or not enough
And is there someone else you’re thinking of
And when did you give up on us
What do I do
With the mess you made of me
With all that I lose
I think you owe me one thing
No, I don’t need your reasons
Or your sympathy
Girl, just tell me, when did you stop loving me
Tell me, when did you start drifting away
And have you loved me less
With every single day
If you were over me, girl, tell me,
Why did you stay
When did you start drifting away
chris stapleton, cover, George Strait, When Did You Stop Loving Me
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star