In 1967, Elvis Presley released his album How Great Thou Art. He received numerous recognition upon its release. The album was even able to secure a spot on the pop albums chart at number eighteen. Furthermore, it was 3x platinum-certified by RIAA. How Great Thou Art contained thirteen popular gospel songs such as “In the Garden,” “Farther Along,” “Crying in the Chapel,” and many more. This album was reissued two times, one in 2008, and the other in 2010.
The “Where No One Stands Alone” Hymn
One of the Christian hymns included on his album is “Where No One Stands Alone.” The song is about a man who has everything in the world. He’s rich as he ever wanted, yet he feels that he’s alone.
With great riches to call my own
But I don’t know a thing
In this whole wide world
That’s worse than being alone
He knew that all these material things he has would never make him happy. Therefore, he prays to God to help him, and be there for him because he is aware that having God in his life is better than all the riches in the world. Furthermore, it reminds us that when we know God, we are never alone.
In 2018, RCA and Legacy recording studios released a compilation album of Elvis Presley known as Where No One Stands Alone. Presley’s album contains fourteen gospel songs previously recorded by him. The recording studio added some backup instrumentation for some of his songs. Presley’s recording of “Where No One Stand Alone” was the title track of the album. However, instead of using his old recording all alone, they added his daughter’s voice into it. It was a beautiful and heartfelt recording.
The Music Video
A video was posted on Presley’s YouTube channel. The video contained clips of Presley and his daughter when she was young. Lisa Marie Presley appeared on the video recording “Where No One Stands Alone.”
Watch Elvis Presley and his daughter sing this beautifully written Christian Hymn.
Elvis Presley, Lisa Marie Presley, where no one stands alone
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?