“Let Go and Let God.
Now sounds like a cliché, it still is a proper word of encouragement. While there’s no doubt we’re strong and our spirit’s versatile, we’re still humans. We have limitations and we’ll need someone or something dependable to lean on. Of course, for us Christians, that would be our Lord. We can try to live independently from him, but tell me, has that worked before? Honest answer?
If you’re like me, leaning on somebody will feel difficult. I’ve been used to being independent and self-reliant for a long time. Hence, it’s hard to rely on another source of strength. I don’t know if that’s just how it is when you’re young. You’re very idealistic and will not settle for anything less than your expectations on how life should be. Gradually, I’ve learned to lean on Jesus. And that begins in letting go of ‘control’ be it with time, people you’ll live and be around with and your desired outcomes for works done.
Surprisingly, I’ve come to discover that I’ve come out stronger. That said, listen to Stalling’s beautiful composition below.
“Learning to Lean” by the Blackwood Brothers Quartet
Altamonte Springs, Florida
He’s a traveling evangelist and a veteran pastor. He started singing at age 6 and by the time he reached 16, he’s already a preacher. He wrote more than 180 songs in his lifetime. Fifty of which were published.
Among notable singers to record his songs were Bill Gaither, Kenneth Copeland, George Beverly Shea, and Jeannie C. Riley. These not including choirs, quartets, and other singing groups.
It won the Nashville’s Dove award for- Song of the year in 1977. Come 1980’s, it started appearing on prominent hymnals and church songbooks. Among them were African American Heritage Hymnal, Hymns of Faith, Rejoice Hymns and The Celebration Hymnal: songs and hymns for worship.
Blackwood Brothers, gospel, Quartets, songwriters
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend