Chevel Sheperd wowed us last Monday, November 26 on “The Voice.” It was “Fan Night” on the reality show, so viewers had the chance to pick which song each artist was going to perform. But seeing Sheperd’s track record, she had no problem delivering an amazing rendition of Kacey Musgraves “Space Cowboy” for her team.
See her amazing rendition below!
Her coach, Kelly Clarkson, had nothing but praise for the young country star. She said:
“I was like, I want you to go for a big note and you did it, you nailed it! Baby girl, I’m so proud of you. I’m such a big fan. I think the thing that I love about country music that I loved since I was a kid is the thing that you are so innately good at, and that’s just story-telling. Just a beautiful lyric, a beautiful song, and just telling the story, and i love you for it. I’m so happy for you.”
Sheperd certainly owned the song, injecting her pure voice and honest emotion to the Musgraves hit. It was really as if she was letting go of someone. The performance was truly magical!
“Space Cowboy” is a song that conveys the subtle sorrows of letting someone go. It embodies the impending sadness of being alone and giving the opportunity to let someone hurt you.
The wordplay of the title certainly reflects the creativity and the artistry that Musgraves puts into her craft. And this is not only observed here, for it is also seen in the entirety of her award-winning album Golden Hour.
Golden Hour is the fourth major label album that Musgraves released. The album debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200 and was acclaimed by music critics. It won the Album of the Year at the 2018 Country Music Association Awards.
Listen to the original version here!
Chevel Sheperd, golden hour, kacey musgraves, Kelly Clarkson, Space Cowboys, the voice
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage