We are just human. We make mistakes because we don’t know what will happen next. Sometimes we think certain things will happen, but it doesn’t. We assume that the person we love will come back, but they don’t. However, it’s fine if we think that way and it doesn’t work out.
The Content of the Song
Ricky Van Shelton emphasized that we have the right to be wrong in his song “Don’t We All Have the Right.” The single is not only about freedom, but also love is part of its theme. In the song, the narrator and his lover had a fight. They normally do it all the time. Therefore, the man assumes that his lover will leave for a while and come back. However, this time she was finally gone. He realized that he was wrong to think she will forgive him again and return. Now he is left alone and heartbroken.
I thought she’d
Come back again
Don’t we all
Have the right
To be wrong
The Song, “Don’t We All Have the Right”
Roger Miller wrote the song “Don’t We All Have the Right” and recorded it in 1970. Miller wasn’t able to chart the song. When Ricky recorded the song, he achieved his third number one on the Billboard country chart with it. In addition, it also became number one on the Canadian chart. Ricky included the single on his first studio album Wild-Eyed Dream.
The Album, Wild-Eyed Dream
Wild-Eyed Dream became his first number one album on the chart. It was Platinum-certified in Canada and the US. Ricky recorded the songs on this album in 1986 and released it in 1987. Furthermore, he recorded songs from other artists, such as Merle Haggard’s “Working Man’s Blues,” Mel Tillis’ “Life Turned Her That Way,” Buck Owens’ “I Don’t Care,” and more.
Don't We All Have the Right, Ricky Van Shelton, roger miller
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce