A beautiful song about the love of a woman and a mother is seen in Mark Chesnutt’s song “She Was.” Released in 2002 as one of his singles on his self-titled album, Mark Chesnutt. “She Was” entered two charts of the Billboard. It reached No. 11 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and No. 62 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This was Chesnutt’s last single to enter the top 20 of the chart. Jimmy Melton and Neal Lee Coty wrote the song for him.
Mark Chesnutt’s album was able to produce three singles to enter the Billboard chart (“She Was,” “I Want My Baby Back,” and “I’m in Love With a Married Woman”). Mark’s album was released by Columbia Records and entered the Billboard Top Country Albums chart at No. 23.
The Song’s Content
“She Was” is a story of a woman who was asked many times in her life about certain questions if she was ready to do it. She was asked if she was certain that the man she was going to marry is the man she will spend the rest of her life with, and she was sure about it. When she was asked if she wanted to have children, she was certain about it. The song ended with a sad ending. The woman in the song grew old and eventually died. When her son asked her if she was sure that she is ready to let go of her life, she was certain about it too.
This song represents the hardship and the love of a mother to her children. It also shows the sacrifices she does for her children and also for her husband. It is true that there is no better love than a mother’s love.
A Bit About the Artist
Mark Chesnutt is a country singer who released a total of 14 studio albums. In addition, Mark charted nine No. 1 songs on the Billboard chart. He also made a cover of the song “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith.
Mark Chesnutt, She Was
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?