The iconic voice of the King of Country George Strait is incomparable. For sure, many would agree with this. However, this cute, little 7th grader comes as close to the country music legend, and we cannot contain our emotions, so we have to share it with you!
As a part of his 7th grade “Spring Rodeo Show,” young cowboy, Shay Cantu Jr., sings from his heart as he covers one of Strait’s biggest country songs.
This little cowboy has been singing all his life. And, so as his sister. At such a young age, they have mastered some of the greatest hits in country music. In fact, their supportive mother has uploaded a lot of their incredible performances on YouTube over the years. Cantu, specifically, has been gaining a lot of views and has become an instant internet sensation for nearly a decade already.
Shay Cantu Jr. Covers George Strait’s “I Cross My Heart”
Performing one of the most beloved hits of the King of Country, Cantu charms the audience as he dazzles with his version of “I Cross My Heart.” His cute little nuances delighted the crowd and melted everyone’s hearts.
Originally released in 1992, “I Cross My Heart” was George Strait’s lead single to his soundtrack album for Pure Country. As a matter of fact, it did not just hit across the country, but it also went massively around the world. In addition, it sold millions of copies and had become an international number one country hit.
Check out this impressive rendition of Shay Cantu Jr. of “I Cross My Heart:”
Any thoughts? What do you think? Tell us your reaction. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website, www.countrythangdaily.com. Also, follow us on our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
George Strait, I Cross My Heart, shay cantu jr.
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?