I got some bad news to Shania Twain fans in Nashville because tickets for her tour are not available there just yet. Awww~ I know!
According to Twain’s manager, Scott Rodger, tickets will not be on sale for her scheduled performance in Bridgestone Arena on July 21. You have got to wait until December.
Apparently, the reason is that of a clause stated in the Garth Brook’s contract preventing other country acts from selling tickets ‘til then.
“This is just a really bad precedent, to say ‘you can’t sell tickets before I sell mine,’” Rodger told Billboard, adding that he was worried about getting negative reactions from Nashville fans who will be unable to buy tickets like the rest of the country when they become available on Aug. 25. “We’re heading back to the dark ages.”
Live Nation’s executive said that the blocking clause meant Brooks was likely to add dates in Nashville and bookings would depend on the fan’s demand. Since Brooks’ had no Nashville dates confirmed and added, he won’t be discussing their private business with any venue. Bridgestone’s senior VP booking, David Kells, said he doesn’t comment on shows that haven’t been announced, nor does he comment on the building’s contracts with artists, but said he was proud of the arena’s 20-year history serving Nashville fans.
Brooks currently does not have concerts booked there yet but maybe soon, he will. He is currently on tour and tickets are on sale until Oct 12 in Atlanta.
Rodger did try his best to change the minds of the officials though. He pointed out that Twain rarely tours and even tried to sell her as an adult-contemporary singer instead of a country singer, but it was all in vain.
On the bright side, Twain will still be able to put her Nashville tickets on sale more than seven months in advance of the show. After all, patience is a virtue and I’m sure it will work out fine for her.
Nashville, shania twain, ticket delay
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?