I got some bad news to Shania Twain fans in Nashville because tickets for her tour are not available there just yet. Awww~ I know!
According to Twain’s manager, Scott Rodger, tickets will not be on sale for her scheduled performance in Bridgestone Arena on July 21. You have got to wait until December.
Apparently, the reason is that of a clause stated in the Garth Brook’s contract preventing other country acts from selling tickets ‘til then.
“This is just a really bad precedent, to say ‘you can’t sell tickets before I sell mine,’” Rodger told Billboard, adding that he was worried about getting negative reactions from Nashville fans who will be unable to buy tickets like the rest of the country when they become available on Aug. 25. “We’re heading back to the dark ages.”
Live Nation’s executive said that the blocking clause meant Brooks was likely to add dates in Nashville and bookings would depend on the fan’s demand. Since Brooks’ had no Nashville dates confirmed and added, he won’t be discussing their private business with any venue. Bridgestone’s senior VP booking, David Kells, said he doesn’t comment on shows that haven’t been announced, nor does he comment on the building’s contracts with artists, but said he was proud of the arena’s 20-year history serving Nashville fans.
Brooks currently does not have concerts booked there yet but maybe soon, he will. He is currently on tour and tickets are on sale until Oct 12 in Atlanta.
Rodger did try his best to change the minds of the officials though. He pointed out that Twain rarely tours and even tried to sell her as an adult-contemporary singer instead of a country singer, but it was all in vain.
On the bright side, Twain will still be able to put her Nashville tickets on sale more than seven months in advance of the show. After all, patience is a virtue and I’m sure it will work out fine for her.
Nashville, shania twain, ticket delay
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!