Calling “Seasons in the Sun” a “hit” does not do it justice, it was a global phenomenon that led the Canadian artist, Terry Jacks, down an unorthodox path away from music and into the fray of determined environmental activism. The song is a story of a dying man, paving farewell to a loved one, who have shared his life.
Personally, I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it. The rhythm of the song, accompanied by the singer’s beautiful voice become even more addicting as you listen on and on again. Digging deeper down to the song’s message, you’ll find yourself reflecting from your life and people who’ve been gone.
We had joy, we had fun
we had seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time
“Seasons in the Sun” brought seasons of change
“Seasons in the Sun” reached the maximum of its success, selling million records. It also gave way for more projects offered to Terry Jacks. with the money he earned, he bought a boat and began sailing up and down the west coast of Alaska and Canada. Along his his journey, he received some revelations. he realized that all his favors did not come by luck, they came from the grace of god.
Since then, he continued his soul searching, and became a Christian. Also, he became an ambassador for the protection of the nature. He gave up musical career and became an environmental activist. He bravely fought with the Canadian paper mills, which he accused of dumping toxins and destroying forests. In fact, he made some films on that particular subject.
Seasons in the Sun, Terry Jacks
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her