Scotty McCreery, season 10 winner of the American Idol, performed at the Grand Ole Opry. With a deep voice and the classic country spirit, it is no wonder that a lot of the country fans love him. Being an Elvis Presley fan, he sure does know his history of country music.
This is why most of his songs are reminiscent of country music. One could say that he is an old soul trapped in a young man’s body. That is why you can almost hear the sound of the “old country” in his songs.
Scotty’s Performance at the Opry
This is not the singer’s first performance at the famous Grand Ole Opry, so you can see his confidence performing in one of country music’s biggest stages. Scotty McCreery’s performance of this medley happened on October 4, 2017. This performance was highly requested because of the people who were not able to watch his earlier performance back in July of the same year.
His performance was almost 9 minutes long. He started the medley with “Hello Darlin” by Conway Twitty and he nailed it. He followed it by “Forever and Ever Amen” by Randy Travis, “Folsom Prison Blues” by Johnny Cash, and “Chattahoochee” by Alan Jackson. He finished his performance with a fun rendition of “Sold” by John Michael Montgomery.
His song choice in this performance is quite genius as well. This is a collection of songs that best represent country music. You can never go wrong choosing songs from the country legends, and Scotty McCreery proved that by his amazing performance of the classic country medley.
The New Generation of Country Music Artists
Scotty McCreery is one of the newer generations of country musicians. Although that is the case, he sure brings a lot of the old flavor of traditional country music. His deep baritone voice reminds us of country artists like Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and the likes. Could he represent the newer generation of country artists? Only time can tell.
Support him and the Opry by watching here:
Grand Ole Opry, Scotty McCreery
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance