There is no specific formula for a song to be appreciated. The acceptance depends on the one listening to it. But for us music lovers, we consider the melody and the lyrics. Sometimes, we depend on our taste to the artist. But, Sammy Kershaw’s “Meant To Be” has that sweet, simple melody, yet solid lyrics.
Nevertheless, once a song gets us carried away, we’ll definitely love to hear it again and again. The sweet yet simple and solid lyrics were all patched in his top charting single “Meant To Be.”
All in all, Sammy Kershaw has placed ten singles that entered the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart Top 10. “Meant To Be” was one of those. It placed at number five spot on the said chart. The others include “Cadillac Style,” “Anywhere but Here,” “Haunted Heart,” “Queen of My Double-Wide Trailer,” “I Can’t Reach Her Anymore,” “National Working Woman’s Holiday,” “Third Rate Romance,” “Vidalia,” and “Love of My Life.” His only number one to peak at number one is called “She Don’t Know She’s Beautiful.”
Meant To Be…
Chris Waters and Rick Bowles pooled resources for the words and lyrics of “Meant To Be.” Sammy Kershaw recorded and released the single on March 11, 1996. It has been twenty-two years since then. However, the song reminds us of how good country music back then. Moreover, the song was part of his album “Politics, Religion and Her.”
The song peaked at number five spot on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart on July 13, 1996. It spent a total of twenty weeks on the said chart.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Meant to Be, Sammy Kershaw
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life