Money cannot buy true love or happiness. Money can provide the things that we need, but it would only be a temporary thing. What we all want is something that will last a long time not something superficial. When it comes to love, we want something real. “Ruby Ann” Marty Robbins‘ song is about the difference between true love and buying love with money.
“Ruby Ann” and Other Women’s Name
Names of a woman were commonly used in country songs before, like Conway Twitty’s “Linda on my Mind,” Dolly Parton’s “Jolene,” and Kenny Rogers’ “Lucille.” Marty Robbins’ song “Ruby Ann” was his ninth song to top at number one on the chart. His song was released as a single in 1962. “Ruby Ann” entered three charts on the Billboard. The song peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, No. 18 on the Billboard Hot 100, and No. 4 on the Billboard Easy Listening. Marty Robbins was able to chart two number one singles in one year only.
About the Song
“Ruby Ann” is a name of the woman the narrator loves. He saw Ruby Ann’s ex-lover, and they had a chat. The man brags about his money and how Ruby Ann and he used to be together. However, the narrator doesn’t care because he knows that Ruby Ann loves him more than she loved her ex-lover. The narrator feels lucky that Ruby Ann chose him and loved him unconditionally.
You know that a person truly loves you when they ask for nothing. Love shouldn’t be because of anything. Just like in Marty Robbins song, you’ll know that Ruby Ann loves the narrator of the song because even if he is a poor man she loves him.
Did You Know?
Did you know that Marty Robbins wrote a sequel to his biggest hit song “El Paso.” Yes, it’s called “El Paso City,” which he released in 1976. The sequel song peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1976. He wrote the song for only 4 minutes.
Marty Robbins, ruby ann
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- 15 Top Kenny Chesney Songs Over 25 Years of Country Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross