Just like her father, Johnny Cash, Rosanne Cash followed his footsteps and became a singer and songwriter. She has ten number one singles on the Billboard Charts and has released 14 studio albums from 1978 to 2014. Today we are going to listen to Rosanne Cash’s first number one single that hit the top of the country charts.
Rosanne Cash’s “Seven Year Ache” Chart Performance
In 1981, Rosanne wrote and performed her first number one single “Seven Year Ache.” It was the number one track on her album Seven Year Ache. Since Rosanne wrote a song that was partly based on her life, fans responded well and related to it. Thus, “Seven Year Ache” climbed the US Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart at No. 1. Furthermore, it crossed over to the Billboard Pop chart at No. 6 and remained for a total of 17 weeks on the chart. Rosanne’s song also peaked at No. 22 on the US Billboard Hot 100 Chart while her album peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums.
All About the Song
The character goes to a bar and sits with random people. He doesn’t talk to anyone about how he feels or what’s going on in his relationship. He doesn’t even try to solve the problem in his relationship by talking to his woman. Instead, he only goes to different places to sit and drink, and with that he finds comfort.
Trisha Yearwood, a country singer, recorded Rosanne’s song and included it on her album Inside Out in 2001. However, Yearwood’s version of this song didn’t make it to the Billboard charts.
“Seven Year Ache” was the reason why Rosanne became popular, and not just because she was the daughter of the late country singer Johnny Cash. After the release of “Seven Year Ache,” she continuously produces hit songs that peak at number one on the country charts.
rosanne cash, seven year ache, trisha yearwood
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?