Surely, you’ll love everything in this CBS Sunday Morning special. But, allow our indulgence to lead your attention to Rory still wearing his wedding ring while playing the guitar. That’s the motivation behind today’s pick.
“If I Needed You” – Rory Feek, Daughter Heidi, Hopie, and Indy with Dillon Hodges
Still Keeping His Marital Vow
It’s been more than two years since Joey Feek’s passing, but Rory’s truly a man of his words. In another interview done by E! News, Rory said that he’ll never take off the ring as he still feels married to his late, wife, Joey and there will never be another one. Rory further revealed that Joey kept the ring on her finger when she was buried. For context, watch the full interview here.
A man who remains faithful to his spouse even after the death of one is a rarity nowadays.
Story-Telling in Real Life
When he’s not around singing, or playing with little Indy, Rory Feek does writing and film-making. He promised Joey that he’d keep their memories fresh by continually writing about their lives. His take may be one of the most straightforward and most ordinary, but the raw emotions captured in everyday lives make great stories. This approach proves to be worth its salt as Rory’s works made headlines like Josephine and To Joey, With Love. His books are faring well, too. Be sure not to miss your copy of “This Life I Live,” Rory’s narration about what life’s like when God gives you the right mate. Also, grab one “The Cow Said Nee” for the kids and your grandkids.
Before you go, here’s a treat from our beloved Joey+Rory duo singing their version for today’s feature.
Heidi Feek, Joey and Rory Feek, Joey+Rory, Rory Feek
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?