“Ring of Fire” has been Johnny Cash’s signature song. When you hear the song playing, Johnny Cash will always be the first person in mind. It is a classic single, which is why people enjoy performing this song. There are countless versions out there by young artists or even famous artists who gave their own spin to the track.
Home Free’s Version of “Ring of Fire”
One of the covers for this song that caught our attention was by Home Free. This group of a capella singers added a whole new look on Johnny Cash’s single “Ring of Fire.” Home Free released a three-minute video featuring Avi Kaplan from Pentatonix last July 25, 2014. The harmonizing of their vocals added such an amazing cover for this song. Avi Kaplan sang as lead together with Tim Foust.
Take a look at their incredible version of the single “Ring of Fire.”
The Song’s Beginning
“Ring of Fire” is a country song written by Merle Kilgore and Johnny Cash’s wife, June Carter Cash. The song was released in 1963 by Anita Carter, June Carter’s sister. It was Anita’s version that made Johnny decide to cover this single. His version went all the way up to number one of the Billboard Country chart. In addition, the single reached number seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100. It also entered the German and Swiss charts.
Home Free performed “Ring of Fire” when they joined the fourth season of The Sing-Off. This became a hit for them. Fans enjoyed their performance of this single, and therefore, want the group to perform the song all the time. Well, what can we say, Home Free really did a great job.
Home Free, Johnny Cash, ring of fire
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- “Sissy’s Song” is Alan Jackson’s Tribute To an Unforgettable Woman
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Best Loved Hymns VIII: Mansion Over the Hilltop