At the onset of today’s featured clip, we’ll see Ricky Skaggs recount a time when a woman approached him at the mall and mistakenly thought Go Rest High on That Mountain was his song. Skaggs wanted to set the record straight quickly only to be dumbfounded when the woman started crying. Still broken and grieving, she shared how the song helped her go through the loss of her daddy.
With that encounter in mind and with Patty Loveless seated beside him, Skaggs began singing Go Rest High. Half-way through the first verse, came a surprise that got the crowd excited! Vince Gill entered and joined Skaggs and Loveless on stage. Without interrupting the mood and the vibe, Skaggs continued playing but allowed Gill to sing the lead as he switched to harmony. Loveless’ angelic voice with a hint of Kentucky twang was a heavenly addition in the refrain. Watch their captivating gig.
Ricky Skaggs, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill – Go Rest High on That Mountain
That’s more than a performance ain’t it? A double- blessing to us all who treats the song as our solace in times of grief.
No Gimmicks, Just Pure Talent
Gill won a total of 17 Country Music Awards and 14 Grammy Awards surpassing the record of Michael Jackson of 13.
Like Gill, Skaggs won awards from various music associations and also a hall of Famer both in the Country and Gospel genres. To sum, he had 15 Grammys, 6 from CMA and 4 from ACM plus miscellaneous awards.
Our Mountain Soul Queen bagged 2 Grammys, 5 CMA’s, 2 ACM’s and 1 from AMA. She’s also an Opry member and has been inducted both in Georgia and Kentucky’s Hall of Fames.
“Real gems will always shine through.
Seeing these three perform together is again a rebuke to what’s being allowed to happen with today’s Country. Are the good days over for the likes of these country stars? God forbid!
Go Rest High On That Mountain, Patty Loveless, Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance