When life is becoming a burden to you, what do you do? Do you run away from all of it? Or do you constantly worry about it, knowing that nothing will happen when you keep thinking about it? We all go through life where we cannot take control of what or what not. We are given challenges that are difficult to face. However, despite all of the problems in life, there is always hope that everything will be fine.
Surrender to God
Why do you think surrendering is a good idea? When we surrender, we let God take control of our life. If God is the center of our life, we do not have to worry anymore because we are sure that we are in good hands. When God takes control of our life, we have more time to do good things and praise Him.
“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” – Matthew 11:28
“And call on Me in the Day of Trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.” –Psalm 50:15
How great it is to know that we are not alone. It is such a relief to know that God will comfort us and carry all of our burdens.
The Inspiration Behind “I Surrender All”
Surrendering to God is the theme of the hymn “I Surrender All.” The song was written by Judson W. Van DeVenter in 1896. The inspiration for the song came to him when he was struggling in life. He surrendered everything to God. When DeVenter surrendered everything to God, he began to see things clearly. He discovered more about himself.
Mahalia Jackson’s recording of the song was included in her posthumous album The Forgotten.
In 1989, Glen included the single on two of the albums he released, Favorite Hymns and Home at Last.
Amy Grant covered “I Surrender All” for her 2005 album Rocks of Ages…Hymns and Faith.
There you have it, a few versions of the song “I Surrender All.” Whoever recorded the song doesn’t matter, what counts more is the inspiring message of the song.
amy grant, glen campbell, I Surrender All, Mahalia Jackson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance