Softly and Tenderly
Reba McEnire brings life to this gospel classic “Softly and Tenderly” with Kelly Clarkson and Trisha Yearwood in her hit gospel album “Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope.”
The classic Christian hymn was made way back 1880 by Will L. Thompson. He wrote this song when he was inspired by the words that his friend Dwight L. Moody told him:
Will, I would rather have written “Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling” than anything I have been able to do in my whole life.
There are several versions of this song, most notably by Amy Grany, the Everly Brothers, and Pat Boone. But Reba’s feel is so special and legitimately tender. Something about the soft, strong timbre of her voice makes the song feel all the more uplifting. The song encourages you to come home and come back to our Creator’s arms
The addition of Clarkson and Yearwood in the track made the dynamics of the song feel more intense and otherworldly. It makes you feel like the trio of women took you to church!
Listen to the amazing song here!
Notably, Carrie Underwood also performed this as a memorial to the fifty-eight Route 91 shooting victims. She performed this at the 51st annual CMA Awards. Her rendition is touching, and very appropriate to honor our brothers and sisters who were casualties in the senseless act of violence.
Listen to her inspiring version here:
Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope
“Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope” is the twenty-eight studio album of the legendary Reba. It was released on the 3rd of February, 2017. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Top Country Album charts with 52, 000 copies sold in the United States within its first week of release. It also had a stunning performance in its debut. It launched at no. 4 on the Billboard 200. As of April 2018, it has sold over 200,000 copies in the United States.
Reba McEntire, Sing It Now, Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope, Softly and Tenderly
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?