In this song, we will be discussing the lies and deceit that usually happen in a relationship.
Reba McEntire and Vince Gill’s Collaboration
It is not all the time that we see two country legends joining forces for a song, but when they do, it is magical. The song of these two singers is about two lovers caught in a relationship that lacks good communication. The music video starts with both singers shown to be military personnel, and they seem to have no time for each other.
Their relationship may not even bear fruits because of the situation that they are in. At the end of the song, you’ll see Reba and Vince go their separate ways and probably move on to someone better or to a more convenient situation.
“The Heart Won’t Lie”
You know what they say, “The heart wants what it wants.” This song is a classic example of (perfect) lovers who are not destined for each other. You can’t always have what your heart desires, but the need for it is always there. This is sometimes the reason why other people can’t move on because even if they think they found someone, their heart is still beating for who they really want in the first place.
You try to live your life from day to day
But seeing you across the room tonight
Just gives me away
The song sheds light on the idea that you can’t easily overcome your feelings for a person. Just his or her mere presence reminds you of the good memories you’ve had together. That is why in the music video, Reba and Vince had to separate so that they could try to move on even though they know that their love for each other is still there.
Listen to Reba McEntire and Vince Gill’s duet here:
Reba McEntire, The Heart Won't Lie, Vince Gill
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?