Back to God
In the first verses, Reba sang about the problems that we face. Some, in our everyday life, others who are about to be stricken by tragedy. There is the embodiment of the fear and the pain that we might have felt at some point in our lives.
Check out the lyrics here:
Oh, have you looked around
Have you heard the sound
Of Mama’s cryin’
Or do you turn away
When you see the face
Of the innocent dyin’
In these darkest days
Are you not afraid
That it’s too late
But as the song “Back to God” progresses, Reba narrates what we should do about it. We should go back and talk to the Lord our Creator. We should get down on our knees and pray. Check out the lyrics here:
You gotta get down on your knees, believe
Fold your hands and beg and plead
Gotta keep on praying
You gotta cry, rain tears of pain
Pound the floor and scream His name
‘Cause we’re still worth saving
Can’t go on like this and live like this
We can’t love like this
We gotta give this world back to God
Listen to the touching song here!
“Back to God” was released as the second single from her hit album “Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope.” It was originally written by Randy Houser but when he did not release it, Reba thought that she might be able to record the album for herself.
The song did marvelous in the charts. It reached its peak at No. 1 at the Billboard US Christian Songs. It also reached No. 11 at the Billboard US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles. The song also reached the Billboard US Country Airplay charts at no. 41.
Back to God, Country Gospel, gospel, Reba McEntire
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?