I know you’re all excited for the American Idol’s next Season but the roster of judges is not complete just yet. There are still slots open before the season starts but do expect that country icon Reba McEntire will not be part of it.
In an interview with ET during the Academy of Country Music Honors at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee last week, Reba admitted that she doesn’t have the temperament to be a judge, saying,
“If anybody was bad, I don’t think I could say, ‘You were bad,’ or, ‘Honey, go get you a day job,'” McEntire said. “I would definitely not be a Simon [Cowell].”
Though fans won’t be seeing her in any reality singing competition soon, Kelly Clarkson (her friend and former daughter-in-law) will be part of “The Voice” alongside with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. She says that she “absolutely” has what it takes to give the longtime coaches a run for their money.
“Without a doubt,” she added. “I can’t wait to see her on the show.”
Also, that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have plans of going back to the small screen as Hollywood basks in the glory of TV revivals. Some fans are still hoping for her sitcom, Reba, to come back for another season after it aired its final episode 10 years ago.
Regarding network conversations about bringing the show back, McEntire said, “There have been some in the past and hopefully some in the future too. We’d love to do it.”
Going back to the ACM Honors, McEntire got the Mar Boren Axton Award. Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott and Little Big Town’s Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman joined up to pay tribute to the celebrated singer with a medley performance of some of her biggest hits. Watch out as it airs Sept. 15 on CBS.
Well, are you also in favor of Reba’s TV comeback? What can you say about her judging in AI? Share us your thoughts.
american idol, Reba McEntire
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings