For those of you who didn’t know, Reba isn’t the only musical one in the McEntire bunch. In fact, her entire family has ventured into musical waters before. Her sister Susie is actually a gospel singer, so “I’ll Fly Away” is a song that she’s more than familiar with.
So, when McEntire recorded her first-ever gospel album Sing It Now: Songs of Faith and Hope, she knew she had to have Susie, Alice, and their mama join her on a track. The song she picked to feature them on was none other than “I’ll Fly Away.”
In an interview with Nash Country Daily, Mcentire expressed her feeling of performing with her family:
“[It was] too much fun. We were just silly as we could be. We all got around the microphone and Susie and I—we were up there just singing our little hearts out and Mama and Alice just kept backing up. They’re not used to it, saying, ‘Oh, we don’t want to be on tape, we can’t sing.’ I’d say, ‘Oh, get up here.’ It was so fun.”
Much to the delight of the crowd that gathered to watch Reba sing at the Ryman Auditorium in 2017, her mom and sisters joined her on stage to sing “I’ll Fly Away.”
In this clip, you can perfectly hear the McEntires’ harmonies as they sing the gospel favorite. One fan of Susie’s noted on Facebook that Reba was clearly singing alto while Susie took on the soprano part.
She asked which parts Alice and Jacqueline were singing and Susie responded! While she didn’t say what Alice was singing, she noted that their mama was singing bass.
Watch Reba and the McEntire family sing the classic gospel tune, “I’ll Fly Away:”
alice mcentire, i'll fly away, mcentire family, Reba McEntire, Susie McEntire
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?