When you love someone deeply for a long time, losing them is something that is difficult to face. If they are gone, your love for that person will always stay the same. For some people, even if years have gone by, they still feel the same. Nothing can take away the love they feel for that person, especially if that person is the one you always thought to be the person you were supposed to spend the rest of your life with.
The Song’s Content
Ray Price’s love song “The Same Old Me” is all about loving the same person the same way as you used to. The narrator knows that his ex-lover has found someone new, however, he still wants her back. When he saw her, the love he felt for her became more intense. The narrator will take his ex-lover back if ever she will come running back to him. Even though he did all he can to forget about her, nothing changes. He always ends up loving her the same way he loved her when she was with him.
“The Same Old Me” Billboard Performance
“The Same Old Me” is Ray Price’s fourth No. 1 song on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, the song remained on the chart for 30 weeks. The song entered and peaked at the chart in 1959. Fuzzy Owens wrote the song for Ray Price. In 1960, a version of this song was recorded by Guy Mitchell.
About Ray Price
Ray Price had 9 singles that peaked at No. 1. His notable songs were “Crazy Arms,” “Release Me,” and “For the Good Times.” Price recorded an album entitled Last of the Breed, which was a collaboration with Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. The album was released in 2007, and it made it to the top 10 of the Billboard chart.
Ray Price was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in November 2012, but he remained positive in life. He always thinks he is young. Price fought his cancer for a year, and then he passed away on December 16, 2013.
ray price, The Same Old Me
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life