Waylon Jennings big hits such as “I’m a Ramblin’ Man” and “Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys” are well-known to be some of the best songs in country music history. While those songs managed to make history, “Nashville Wimmin” lingered as a track that only Jennings’ most devoted fans remember.
With loads upon loads of albums to his name, Waylon Jennings had so many songs in his collection. He didn’t lack hit singles either. But, with such a widespread song list, it was unavoidable that some of Jennings’ songs would get lost time passed by.
Nashville Wimmin, Its Fate
Lost forgotten songs are most common for non-single tracks, which never got radio airplay. Therefore, only those who bought the album know it. Waylon Jennings’ “Nashville Wimmin,” which was included as the fourth track on his chart-topping album Music Man, is an example. Also, the same album contained hit singles such as “Clyde” and “Good Ol’ Boys,” the theme song for The Dukes of Hazzard.
So the video clip we’re about to show you a features one of Jennings’ numerous television appearances. This rare footage shows him singing “Nashville Wimmin.” Since the track wasn’t a single, it’s surprising that Jennings used airtime to play it. Considering the fact that this is the only footage of Jennings performing the song live, this clip is a gem.
Situated at the center stage with his guitar in hand, Jennings sung out “Nashville Wimmin” in his signature style. He displays his distinct outlaw vibe during the performance. You can tell how Jennings showed a great deal of energy into his performance that day.
Go ahead and watch the video above once again. Take time to relive Waylon Jennings’ “Nashville Wimmin.”
We’d love to hear which of his non-single tracks your favorite is. Leave a comment below and let us know.
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend