Randy Travis pays tribute to the saving power and grace of the love his wife showered him in his brand new song entitled “Lead Me Home.” The country trailblazer reached deep into his archive and pulled out a never-before-heard song.
Randy Travis’ Beautiful Tribute
The amazing song is a gorgeous, gospel-infused country song perfectly blended with bluegrass tunes that compliments Travis’ traditional baritone. It celebrates the power of lasting love and was recorded years before his stroke.
The meaning became all the more powerful in the aftermath of the difficult struggle in the chapter of his life. When he was facing the challenges after his stroke, it was his wife Mary who advocated and took care of him. She was always there to support him in every step of his recovery.
In his 2019 memoir, Forever and Ever Amen: A Memoir of Music, Faith, and Braving the Storms of Life, Travis talks about just how much his relationship with his wife really meant to him during those difficult first weeks and months after his stroke.
“Mary was having to make life-or-death decisions about my situation all on her own, trusting God to guide her.”
Other chapters would detail about his troubled working-class childhood in North Carolina. It would also touch base on his difficult relationship with his father, highlighted by drinking and stealing cars. It was then that he would talk about how country music helped him escape that turbulent situation.
Travis would also write about the success of his music career and countless accomplishments. He became one of the leading superstars of Country in the 1980s and 1990s. Travis has had a string of hits that include “Digging up Bones,” “On the Other Hand,” and “Forever and Ever, Amen.”
Listen to the song here!
Want to make your day more country? Follow us at our official Facebook page!
Forever And Ever Amen, Lead Me Home, Randy Travis
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film