One of the voices of country music, Randy Travis finds his voice again four years after suffering a stroke that nearly cost him his life.
In Macon, Georgia, radio station WMAZ shared an amazing video of Travis singing together with a friend and fellow musician Dave Alexander. Alexander was one of the many players who started making visits to Travis’ home to sing with him. Alexander said the effect that the music had on Travis’ was apparent.
“I can see it in his eyes,” Alexander said. “I just know when it reaches him. I have no doubt it reaches him.”
The “Forever and Ever, Amen” spent five months in the hospital after he suffered a stroke in 2013. The doctors told his wife Mary that there was no hope for his recovery. Although Travis may never sound exactly like how he did when he was able to top the country charts in the 1980s and 90s, his recovery has been truly incredible.
Travis first surprised his fans and friends by singing during his Country Music Hall of Fame induction in 2016. Then after, he has made significant strides in his vocal communication. He even sat down for a revealing interview earlier this month.
Alexander has been playing shows with Travis to help raise money for the Randy Travis Foundation. All proceeds go to research and care for those who have suffered strokes and toward efforts to keep music in schools. Both Travis and Alexander will play another show on Nov. 18 in Gainesville, Texas, and expect more to be scheduled in the future.
AMAZING GRACE: Randy Travis suffered a massive stroke several years ago and has been fighting hard to regain his health. You're going to want to turn up your volume on this one.
Posted by 13 WMAZ on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
It is amazing to see that the great Randy Travis is showing a great progress of recovery what he has been to. We wish him the best and we hope that even though his voice will never be the same, he will fully recover and be able to sing the way he used to.
Want more country? Visit us at www.countrythangdaily.com for more!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family