As we patiently wait and expect Travis’ recovery, we’re on a mission to resurrect some of his unfamiliar yet exceptional songs. So, come plug in your ears to a honky-tonk Christmas tune from a visionary musician!
Ah! Don’t you love that swag in Travis’s voice on the first couple of notes? His is one of the remaining pure country voices that can bring calmness and reassurance that “Traditional Country Music” does not go out of style.
Album Chart Performance & Reception
First released in August 1989, this 10-track-album fluidly peaked at #13 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums and #5 on Top Holiday Albums charts. Disarming as Randy Travis already is, AllMusic and Chicago Tribune both gave “An Old Time Christmas” a professional rating of three stars. (Sounds like such score does not give Travis justice ain’t it? Regardless, to the millions of Travis fans out there, each of his song is outstanding!)
Sending Our Covering Prayers to Randy and his Family
Blessed with a voice tailor-made for the Country music genre, Randy Travis began his musical odyssey as a Neo-Traditionalist. Slick like a whistle, fame, and success came naturally to him. Part of age and maturity perhaps, Travis followed on the footsteps of his predecessors like George Jones and Merle Haggard. In his latter releases, he decided to delve deeper by recording gospel and spirituals.
So here’s to a hope that all still is well on his family’s end. What a blessing it is to have Randy Travis grace the Country music scene!
George Jones, merle haggard, Paul Overstreet, Randy Travis
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Kris Kristofferson and Other Artists Praise God Wonderfully with “Why Me Lord”
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children