Falling in love is one of the best feelings in the world. It makes you feel important, and everything is beautiful. Love should be like that. It isn’t supposed to hurt or make us suffer. However, like all things, love doesn’t last forever. Sometimes it has to go away and find another. Some are lucky to have found love and lasts forever, but for some, they have to go out and keep searching for it until they find it.
George Jones’ Version of “The Race Is On”
George Jones “The Race Is On” is not only a country hit song. The song also became a pop hit song when it was covered by another artist. George Jones’ version of this song was recorded for his album The Race Is On, in 1964. His song “The Race Is On” entered the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at No. 3. In addition, the song landed at No. 96 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Aside from Jones’ original version of this song other artists covered this song too. In 1965, Jack Jones recorded this song and made it enter the Billboard Pop chart at No. 15. Other artists who recorded this song were Waylon Jennings, Faron Young, Sawyer Brown and many more. The Sawyer Brown made their version to peak at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Furthermore, Sawyer’s version of the song also entered the Canadian chart in 1989.
About the Song
“The Race Is On” is a song about a man whose relationship with the woman he loves ended. He feels like he loses the race when she leaves him. In the third stanza of the song, the narrator mentions that his ex-lover has found someone new and it made him feel like he lost the game. It made him feel that he only won second place because she does not love him anymore. His fear that one day love will walk away happened, it is killing him.
Some people find love, and it lasts forever, but for some who thought that it would last forever usually loses it. However, losing it doesn’t mean you lose the game, it’s just that you have to keep looking for the right person to love.
George Jones, the race is on
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage