“I felt so loved during my AGT journey by all the contestants, and all the staff, my friends and family, and everyone…and it just all came out!” Those were the exact words of Darci Lynne Farmer when she was proclaimed as the winner in the widely acclaimed talent search of America’s Got Talent. While her competitors who are mostly within age range with her, Farmer emerged as the winner for her ventriloquist act that also involves singing. It is a no-brainer, really that Darci Lynne Farmer had Mel B’s golden buzzer and won the hearts of the viewers in the process. You can really see as the talent search progresses how Farmer strived to make her act reach another level of artistry.
Darci Lynne Farmer, Elvis Puppet
Let me just establish that Darci Lynne Farmer is already making Oklahoma proud ever since and before her triumphant America’s Got Talent stint. In early 2016 after she turned 13, Farmer had another friend, Okie The Duck who is an Elvis Presley- impersonating puppet who has this really sunny personality. In the video below, Farmer and Okie The Duck exchanged a witty banter:
“Oh Darci? Won’t you be my teddy bear?” asked Okie the duck.
“Oh good grief! Do you wanna go back in your case?” replied an outraged Darci Lynne.
“Ooohhhh! I’m all shook up!” the puppet fired back. “Elvis joke, get it?”
The unlikely duo then broke out with a much needed Elvis Presley duet of “(You’re the) Devil in Disguise,” the last song that Elvis Presley charted the Top 10 of Rhythm and Blues Chart of Billboard. Certainly, Farmer did not fail to entertain the crowd for this performance and this child is a living proof that kids could really excel on things they love doing most.
With her recent AGT win, Farmer sets the record for being the third female child act to win AGT in 12 seasons.
Watch the performance below and let us know what you think:
Darci Lynne, Elvis Presley
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans