Ray Price and Willie Nelson’s Collaboration
In 1980, Ray Price collaborated with country singer Willie Nelson to release their album San Antonio Rose, making this their first album together. In 2003, the two worked again for another album, Run That by Me One More Time, and in 2007, they collaborated for the third time but including Merle Haggard. They covered some classic songs. They have also added their songs in this album. San Antonio Rose reached No. 3 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, it crossed over to the pop chart at No. 70. Aside from entering the chart, San Antonio Rose was Gold-certified by RIAA.
Two singles from their album secured a spot on the chart, “Faded Love” and “Don’t You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me).”
- “San Antonio Rose”
- “I’ll Be There (If You Ever Want Me)”
- “I Fall to Pieces”
- “Crazy Arms”
- “Release Me”
- “Don’t You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me)”
- “This Cold War with You”
- “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- “Night Life”
- “Deep Water”
- “Faded Love”
There were two classic western songs from Bob Wills that was included in Price and Nelson’s album.
The Song “Faded Love”
“Faded Love” is a song first recorded by Wills in 1950 together with the Texas Playboys. Wills, John Wills, and Billy Jack Wills wrote the song together. Bob’s version of the song with his band reached No. 8 on the US Billboard chart. The success of Bob’s version made many artists cover this song.
Here are the names of some artists who covered Bob’s song.
Among all the recordings of “Faded Love,” it was Price and Nelson’s version that reached the highest position on the Billboard chart. Their “Faded Love” rendition placed at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1980. They have also featured Crystal Gayle in this song.
Faded Love, ray price, Willie Nelson
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids