Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton was a perfect combination. Their collaborations were excellent and one-of-a-kind. You cannot deny how great their voices are together. The pairing of Dolly and Porter is something that you must listen to. Therefore, today, we are going to take a look at “The Last Thing on My Mind.” This song was the very first of Dolly and Porter that entered the Billboard chart.
Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton First Collaboration
The duo first worked together in 1967. They released their first single together known as “The Last Thing on My Mind.” The following year, they released their first album together, Just Between You and Me. In their album, they have included their first single “The Last Thing on My Mind.” Both their album and their song was a hit.
“The Last Thing on My Mind” and Album Performance
The album Just Between You and Me contained twelve songs. It reached number eight on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Meanwhile, their single “The Last Thing on My Mind” became number seven on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, their single reached number four on the Canadian chart.
The Song’s Content
“The Last Thing on My Mind” is a song about two people in love yet going their ways. It’s not a love song but a breakup song where the characters realized the mistakes they have done in their relationship.
Since the release of their first album, Porter and Dolly continue collaborating for more projects. They have released a total of thirteen studio albums together. In addition, they have charted twenty-one songs on the Billboard chart. Their highest ranking song on the chart was their song “Please Don’t Stop Loving Me.” The song reached number one on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Their highest charting album was Together Always at number three.
Dolly Parton, porter wagoner, The Last Thing on My Mind
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend