The music world is full of surprises and this Dolly Parton and Kesha team-up is something that we are welcoming with open cowboy hearts.
Dolly Parton, Old Flames Can’t Hold a Candle to You
We have seen a lot of Dolly Parton duets with both country and non-country singers making her one of the most loved country icons in the industry. Recently, it was announced that the ‘Jolene’ singer is teaming up with Kesha.
Parton is set to appear on Kesha’s ‘Rainbow’ album along with other artists such as Eagles of Death Metal. Fret not, the country icon is not going to sing ‘Tik Tok’ and would go on a dancing spree (although we’d love to see that) but Kesha is going country instead.
‘Old Flames Can’t Hold a Candle to You’ was undoubtedly a country song that catapulted a lot of country icons. In 1978, Joe Sun debuted the song scoring the number 14 US country spot. On the other hand, Brian Collins scored number 86 on the same year. Later on, it was covered by the one and only Dolly Parton in 1980 who made a more successful attempt debuting the track at number 1 on US Hot Country Songs.
This time, the ‘We are Who We are’ songstress would be dropping those excessive auto tunes and hopefully would give the song justice as she sings alongside Dolly for this very special track. It is also worth noting that Patricia Rose Sebert, the co-writer of the song ‘Old Flames Cant’t Hold a Candle’ is Kesha’s mother.
It is not the first time that the pop artist would try her vocals on the said song. In 2013, Kesha already released an acoustic cover of ‘Old Flames Can’t Hold a Candle to You’ as part of her EP Deconstructed.
You can listen to the acoustic cover here:[like_button]
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes’ ‘Fancy Like’ Has Him A Little Baffled By Its Success
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground
- Norma Strait: Facts You Need to Know About George Strait’s Spouse
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Ernest Tubb’s Classic Single “Walking the Floor Over You”