American country music artist Phillip George Vassar or better-known as Phil Vassar first entered the country music industry in the late 1990s as a songwriter. As such, he has penned various songs recorded by other country music artists. The most prominent among them were Tim McGraw, Jo Dee Messina, Collin Raye, and Alan Jackson. Two of the four artists recorded three songs that topped the country charts. These songs are enumerated below.
1. “Bye, Bye” by Jo Dee Messina
Phil Vassar co-wrote the song with Rory Michael Bourke. It was released in 1998 as the first single of Jo Dee Messina’s album I’m Alright. The song made Messina famous when it reached No. 1 both on the US and Canadian country charts. This tune also appeared on Vassar’s 2006 album Greatest Hits, Volume 1. In 1999, Vassar was named by ASCAP as Songwriter of the Year for this song.
2. “I’m Alright” by Jo Dee Messina
Released in 1998, this song was the second single as well as the title track from her album I’m Alright. Following her first big hit “Bye, Bye”, “I’m Alright” was also a chart-topper making it her second consecutive No. 1 song. Vassar has also covered the song on his Greatest Hits, Volume 1 album.
3. “Right on the Money” by Alan Jackson
While this song debuted at No. 75 on the US Billboard Hot Country & Singles chart on its release week, it eventually rocketed to the top position. That made the song Alan Jackson’s sixteenth No. 1 single. It likewise topped the Canada Country Tracks (RPM) chart. The track was released in October 1998 as the second single from his CD High Mileage. Vassar co-wrote the song with Charlie Black.
Folks, did you enjoy this piece? We are pleased to know your thoughts. Also, please do not forget to share it with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
Alan Jackson, Collin Raye, Jo Dee Messina, Phil Vassar, Rory Michael Bourke, tim mcgraw
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce