Sad news to all Pentatonix fans out there, the group has one less member as Avi Kaplan departs the group. However, it’s not all bad news because there’s no doubt they still have their groove even as a four-member band.
The award winning a capella group now consists of singers Mitch Grassi, Kirstin Maldonado, Scott Hoying and Kevin Olusola, has released its first cover video minus Avi Kaplan.
On their latest Facebook page post last July 31, they performed quite a fitting and somber cover of Robyn’s 2010 hit “Dancing On My Own.” Still, their vocals shined through even if only one instrument accompanied their performance. Scott, Kirstin and Mitch take turns in singing the verses of the song while Kevin poses his beatboxing and cello playing skills.
“We just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for your ongoing love and support,” the group members captioned the video, as posted to their Facebook page on. “It means the world to all of us!”
They added, “We hope you love it as much as we do and we’re excited to share new music (and more) with you very, very soon. We love you!”
Watch the video of PTX’s Dancing on My Own below.[like_button]
Last May, Avi made his announcement on regarding leaving the group in a tearful video. He told the fans that leaving the group “has been the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make in my life,” but that he’ll continue to make music at his own pace.
However, life goes on for Pentatonix who recently kicked off their summer tour. Fans can still grab their chance to see the group’s performance for a few upcoming dates even though many of the shows are already sold out.
We wish you all the best Avi and more power to PTX!
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?