The Song That Made Brandt Famous
“My Heart Has a History” is the name of the single that marked Paul Brandt’s first success in country music. His first single, the tune reached No.1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 1996. Such achievement allowed him to follow the steps of the late Hank Snow whose stint as a Canadian country music singer ruling the country music charts ended in 1974. Landing on the topmost spot of the chart, the song also pushed the singer to international success. Of course, the track was also a number one hit in his home country. The single’s album Calm Before the Storm received a Gold certification from the RIAA in 1997. Brandt’s efforts in collaborating with experienced songwriters to work on the album paid off with it becoming Gold certified. That is on top of the debut album’s first single reaching No. 1 on the charts. The singer co-wrote the song with Mark D. Sanders.
A History of Letting Go
A love professed to be pure and real but not for keep due to the narrator’s history of hurting is the song’s central theme. The man knew he’s found true love but was quite worried that such won’t work considering his dreadful past. But he is sincere enough in making her become aware of it before getting too close to him. What about you, do you have the same history as our narrator here does? If so, would you be willing to tell your supposed lover about it? We would be pleased to know your thoughts folks! Meanwhile, let us lend our ears to this song that brought Brandt’s name to the top of the charts.
Did you enjoy this piece? If so, please do not forget to share it with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
Hank Snow, Mark Sanders, Paul Brandt
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce