Many would associate Vince Gill when it comes to powerhouse duets with Patty Loveless with their unforgettable duets such as ‘When I Call Your Name’ or ‘My Kind of Woman, My Kind of Man.’ However, did you know that Patty Loveless once sought the help of George Jones to do a backup vocals on her song ‘You Don’t Seem to Miss Me’ a song that was written by Jim Lauderdale and possibly one of Lauderdale’s best. Just like Patty Loveless’ repertoire, this song chronicles the narrator’s observation how her better half does not seem to miss her despite their obvious distance and her efforts to see her as soon as she can. This song definitely suits Loveless’ vocal quality and George Jones singing the backup vocals seemed to have given the song a classic touch.
You Don’t Seem to Miss Me, Patty Loveless ft George Jones
Released in 1997 as the first single from Patty Loveless’ Long Stretch of Lonesome, the song charted 20 weeks on Billboard Hot Country Singles, peaking at number 14. Many would say that featuring George Jones s had helped the said song to chart a higher place. ‘You Don’t Seem to Miss Me ‘is a kind of song that you can always play while on a road trip.
Shen asked about the inspiration of the song, Jim Lauderdale tell in his interview with songfacts.com how he came about this song:
“I wrote it out in the desert in a place called Pioneertown up in Yucca Valley, California, out near Joshua Tree. And it’s a place where I really enjoy writing. That one was kind of a quick one, one time. Melodies will kind of come to me at odd times or at places, it could be anywhere. But it’s nice to have an environment you feel comfortable in.”
Watch their live performance below:
George Jones, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend