Pure joy! Those two words popped up upon hearing these two legends voices in a duet for the hymn, “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.”
Shame that we lost Patsy Cline so soon. She and Willie could have done more gospel songs together in the preceding years.
Our Lady Patsy Cline
Words will fail to describe her incomparable talent. She’s a voice to be remembered and a legacy worth sharing with the younger folks. The maturity in her delivery would make a modern woman admit that Patsy’s an epitome of class. Despite her early repose, she’s an indispensable part of the development of country music. Hence, record companies have always sought to revive her old recordings.
Our Man, Willie Nelson
To his avid fans and supporters, his life is almost an open book. We’ve known some of his background and how he has evolved as an artist and a songwriter. With all the changes that transpired in him, none could refute his consistency as a person. Of course, he has his own faults, but he’s not one to lead a double life. That brazen frankness of being his own person as an artist has attracted more admirers over the years.
A tinge of sadness though. Willie’s got a strong will, but he’s still undeniably an aged man. Now almost in his mid-80s, he wouldn’t be around for long.
Our Hymn, “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”
Known for its edifying message, it’s every Christian’s plea song. There’s an acknowledgment of weaknesses and a surrender to the Lord who’s able to accomplish more through us. The only condition required is to walk closer to him. It’s what he has always wanted from the start, anyway. He wanted us to depend on him. Left on our own, we’ll just keep messing up.
Just a Closer Walk with Thee
gospel, hymn, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?